Last year, there were a lot of news stories about people who considered COVID-19 to be a hoax getting infected and sick, and then warning others to take it seriously.
This year, there a lot of news stories about people hesitating or refusing to get the vaccine, getting sick, and then urging others to get it.
It’s very unfortunate, and it all seems so unnecessary.
Here a few of the recent stories about COVID-19 among the unvaccinated:
- The delta variant is ravaging this Missouri city. Many residents are still wary of vaccines. Springfield, Missouri confronts delta variant because of low vaccination rates – The Washington Post
- Their neighbors called covid-19 a hoax. Can these ICU nurses forgive them? https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/07/06/appalachian-covid-deniers-nurses-virginia
- After teen daughter hospitalized with Covid, mom regrets saying no to vaccine. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/after-teen-daughter-hospitalized-covid-mom-regrets-saying-no-vaccine-n1274227
- Almost all Vanderbilt ICU COVID patients are unvaccinated, from rural counties.https://www.wate.com/news/almost-all-vanderbilt-icu-covid-patients-are-unvaccinated-from-rural-counties
- 24-year-old who needed double lung transplant wishes he’d been vaccinated for COVID-19 (yahoo.com)